How to make KARANJI
Saturday, 31 August, 2019
We are onto day #4, which means its the final day of sharing Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe. We hope you liked all the other recipes before. Today, we will tell you how to make karanji at home, quick and easy! Karanji is sort of an Indian pastry stuffed with coconut and some dry fruits.
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoon of sugar
- Raisins (kishmish)
- 2 tablespoon of ghee
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup of milk
- Oil for frying
- Let’s start by making the sweet stuffing for our karnaji. Heat a tablespoon of ghee in the pan. Add the shredded coconut to it. Fry until the coconut starts turning golden yellow.
- Add sugar to the mix too. Break the dry fruits into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Stir well. You can also add a pinch of cardamom powder to this. Mix it all well and keep it aside for cooling.
- Now, knead the dough for the karanji using the flour, milk and a pinch of salt. You can also add a bit of hot ghee to this mix. Knead properly and keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Flatten out one on your palm and add 2 spoons of stuffing in the center.
- Now, close the edges making sure that the shape looks sort of like a half moon. You can also use a mould for this.
- Once you have made all the karanjis with stuffing, it’s time to fry them up in a pan. Fry until the karanjis turn golden yellow.
- And there your go, your karanjis are ready to be served!
And now we come to the end of our 4 day special recipes. We hope you all really enjoyed reading as well as making them at home for this festive season. Write to us, share your stories and your recipes on Instagram and Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us and share some love.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all!